Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View Facetime session on a Panasonic Smart TV

Air play from my iPad does not work although my Panasonic TV is WiFi enabled. Does I need to use my old Apple TV box plugged into the TV set for it to work?

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 6:21 AM

Your TV being WiFi enabled is only half the story. Does your Panasonic TV also support AirPlay?

If not, you can add an AppleTV box, or you can make a direct connection to your over HDMI (and Adapter suitable for your model of iPad).

Be aware that for FaceTime you will be limited to “mirroring” your iPad screen to your TV. Your iPad will continue to display the FaceTime call and use its Camera and Microphone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 6:21 AM in response to Charles_Mackay

Your TV being WiFi enabled is only half the story. Does your Panasonic TV also support AirPlay?

If not, you can add an AppleTV box, or you can make a direct connection to your over HDMI (and Adapter suitable for your model of iPad).

Be aware that for FaceTime you will be limited to “mirroring” your iPad screen to your TV. Your iPad will continue to display the FaceTime call and use its Camera and Microphone.

View Facetime session on a Panasonic Smart TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.