Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 Update

Hey, I have an iPhone 6s and I’ve been trying to update it. It took hours to estimate download time, and then when it did, it said 2 days. I have waited for a few hours and nothing has happened yet. I can’t keep doing this for days 😭

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 7:53 AM

You shouldn't even keep doing this for hours (let alone days).

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version-

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • If you are not planning for it to update automatically you should turn this option off, as it will only update when the phone is plugged in, connected to Wi-Fi and locked
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 7:53 AM in response to caseyleigh006

You shouldn't even keep doing this for hours (let alone days).

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version-

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • If you are not planning for it to update automatically you should turn this option off, as it will only update when the phone is plugged in, connected to Wi-Fi and locked
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

iOS 14 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.