Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone reset

I believe this has been asked numerous times but I want to be sure - if I erased my phone to sell it and no longer have access to it, it would have automatically disabled the "find my phone" feature, correct? otherwise it would not have allowed me to do a factory reset? The phone has the "Hello" screen when I was done which means it is a clean reset, correct?

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 8:48 AM

Not sure which method you used to Erase and Reset your iPhone. With your description of what you are reporting, it appears that Find My is turned OFF not device. You can log on to ➔ www.icloud.com with the device's Apple ID and ensure that Find My is turned OFF.

One other thing that you will need to do, at some point, is to remove the activation lock so that the buyer has no issues activating the iPhone. This is easy to do. Simply remove the device from the device list of your Apple iD. You can do this slightly before shipping the iPhone or as soon as the buyer acknowledges receipt of your iPhone.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 8:48 AM in response to Alexorlando

Not sure which method you used to Erase and Reset your iPhone. With your description of what you are reporting, it appears that Find My is turned OFF not device. You can log on to ➔ www.icloud.com with the device's Apple ID and ensure that Find My is turned OFF.

One other thing that you will need to do, at some point, is to remove the activation lock so that the buyer has no issues activating the iPhone. This is easy to do. Simply remove the device from the device list of your Apple iD. You can do this slightly before shipping the iPhone or as soon as the buyer acknowledges receipt of your iPhone.

Axel F.

Iphone reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.