Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages documents gone...

When I open pages, I can go to "Open Recent", I have a string of documents I have created, yet when I click on any of them, I get an error code that says the documents can't be opened because the files don't exist.

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 7:24 AM

When you delete a document, or move it to another storage medium, the Recent Items list does not remove that entry, and attempting to access it results in what you have described. If you have Spotlight configured to index your startup drive, and have Documents selected in its Search Results. then the following may find the Pages document if it is still on your startup drive:

kind:pages created:>01/01/2021

Which will reveal any Pages document created since the first of the year. You can enter that in the Spotlight dialog, or in an open Finder window's search field.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 7:24 AM in response to utahrealtor90

When you delete a document, or move it to another storage medium, the Recent Items list does not remove that entry, and attempting to access it results in what you have described. If you have Spotlight configured to index your startup drive, and have Documents selected in its Search Results. then the following may find the Pages document if it is still on your startup drive:

kind:pages created:>01/01/2021

Which will reveal any Pages document created since the first of the year. You can enter that in the Spotlight dialog, or in an open Finder window's search field.

Pages documents gone...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.