Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV + Disney+ + Dolby Atmos - Not working

Hey all, anyone else having this issue? Dolby Atmos is not working on Disney+ via the Apple TV 4K. It has always worked fine for me, until today.

What's weird is Dolby Atmos works on Disney+ through my TVs WebOS, just not the Apple TV.

And Netflix and my Apple library plays Atmos through my Apple TV successfully. It's just an issue with Disney+.

I don't know what the problem could be on my end. The only thing I could think of is a bug in a Disney+ app update, but I'd suspect others should be experiencing this too.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 6:30 PM

I have the exact same issue and circumstances as the OP. In fact I came here as a result of trying to find an answer. I’m going to switch over to the Roku 4K for now as I think that will support it in Atmos until this is fixed in the ATV app.

9 replies

Feb 19, 2021 7:09 PM in response to iguy2000

Glad I’m not the only one! I spoke to Apple support and they weren’t much help (as it’s not really their issue). I also spoke with Disney+ and they were glad I brought it to their attention, but I think more people need to tell Disney+ they are having the same issue so they actually take it seriously and look into the bug.

Feb 20, 2021 1:59 AM in response to schabs48

Hi @schabs48,

I also have this problem, noticed on the 19th Feb. Running tvOS 14.4 and Disney + Ver 1.13.2.32484. Completely limited to the Disney + app. Programs and films listed as Atmos compatible (as usual) but I’m only getting a PCM 5.1 48khz audio stream. Have excluded internet connection as causative &, as you say, other apps and devices play Atmos as normal.

Not much info about this online right now. Twitter has a handful of similar posts. Could be related to an App update?

Hopefully can be resolved soon.

Apple TV + Disney+ + Dolby Atmos - Not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.