Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to find previous iPhone owner?

Hello,

I bought used iphone 6s from "second-hand" and it has owner which used before apple id. Problem is that phone had has before many owners and i can't find apple id owner name, surname or something else and i can't sign out. It is possible to sign out without password or it is possible to find apple id owner witch icloud account?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 11:42 AM

No, what you are seeing is part of "Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch" This is a security feature, in part to deter re-selling of stolen devices. To learn more click here --> http://support.apple.com/HT201365

An activation lock can only be removed using information for the account that applied the lock. If you know this information follow the onscreen steps to enter the Apple ID and password used to set up the device, or enter the device passcode.

If the owner is unknown and has not provided contact information as a message showing in the login screen, there is no way to contact the owner unless the person who gave you the device knows them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 11:42 AM in response to Carollinee

No, what you are seeing is part of "Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch" This is a security feature, in part to deter re-selling of stolen devices. To learn more click here --> http://support.apple.com/HT201365

An activation lock can only be removed using information for the account that applied the lock. If you know this information follow the onscreen steps to enter the Apple ID and password used to set up the device, or enter the device passcode.

If the owner is unknown and has not provided contact information as a message showing in the login screen, there is no way to contact the owner unless the person who gave you the device knows them.

Is it possible to find previous iPhone owner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.