Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

Hi everyone,

The last couple of months I had this problem with Apple Music. It keep letting me download the song I already downloaded it's very frustrating. What can I do I've been using Apple for more then 5 years and the music app is one of my favorite things about Apple but now considering a other brand. Please help

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 11:47 AM

Hi GouwsBlom,

Thanks for being part of Apple Support Communities. We'd understand that you're having issues with your Apple Music downloads. We'd like to know more so we can help.

You mentioned that it's letting you download a song that is already downloaded. Are you downloading the same song from the same album or a different one? When you search for the song, are you seeing multiple listings of it in your library? Which iOS are you currently running? You can find that in Settings > General > About. Does this only happen on this current iOS or has it happened on past ones as well?

Is this happening while your device is connected to cellular data, or does this happen while connected to Wi-Fi as well? Test out both to confirm, please: Connect iPhone to the internet

Is this happening when accessing your Apple Music from any other device as well? If you don't have another iOS device, do you have a computer with iTunes, or a Mac with the Music app, so you can test that out?

Keep us updated.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 11:47 AM in response to GouwsBlom

Hi GouwsBlom,

Thanks for being part of Apple Support Communities. We'd understand that you're having issues with your Apple Music downloads. We'd like to know more so we can help.

You mentioned that it's letting you download a song that is already downloaded. Are you downloading the same song from the same album or a different one? When you search for the song, are you seeing multiple listings of it in your library? Which iOS are you currently running? You can find that in Settings > General > About. Does this only happen on this current iOS or has it happened on past ones as well?

Is this happening while your device is connected to cellular data, or does this happen while connected to Wi-Fi as well? Test out both to confirm, please: Connect iPhone to the internet

Is this happening when accessing your Apple Music from any other device as well? If you don't have another iOS device, do you have a computer with iTunes, or a Mac with the Music app, so you can test that out?

Keep us updated.

Take care!

Feb 25, 2021 7:31 AM in response to GouwsBlom

GouwsBlom,

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Since you're only using this one device, it's possible that this is happening due to the device needing more storage. Have you checked to see what your storage is looking like? How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch If you are able to free up space, do you notice that this stops happening?

Hope that helps!

Have a good day.

Feb 24, 2021 1:19 AM in response to ColleenD1

Hi

thanks for your response.

I download my songs via wifi and do not use any other device at this moment so I'll download a song and then when I do not have wifi it will show that I cannot listen to it I have to download it again. I have a lot of music on my phone and some of the older songs I have to download again and again this was never a problem before.

Like the songs in the photo that shows the cloud I have downloaded them before then when I do download everything later or the next day their will be different songs thats not downloaded.

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.