Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 12 Pro Max using WiFi 6?

How can I Tell if iPhone is using WiFi 6 ?

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 9:57 AM

Nice insight, thanks. why does the iPhone not just connect to the fastest option?

of course my router does WiFi 6 802.11ax

reguardless, my question is still unanswered tho and your insight is not actionable until it is~

see what you can come up w my friend. there’s gotta be some kinda app, webpage, whatever to tell ya if you are on ac or ax, etc

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 9:57 AM in response to SravanKrA

Nice insight, thanks. why does the iPhone not just connect to the fastest option?

of course my router does WiFi 6 802.11ax

reguardless, my question is still unanswered tho and your insight is not actionable until it is~

see what you can come up w my friend. there’s gotta be some kinda app, webpage, whatever to tell ya if you are on ac or ax, etc

Feb 20, 2021 1:17 AM in response to Smittyken12

The iPhone 11 and later is capable of connecting to Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax)

Now the question is what is the router/modem that you are connecting to? If it has WiFi 5 or WiFi 4 the iPhone 11 and higher will only connect to WiFi 5 or WiFi 4 because it has downward compatibility. If the router has WiFi 6 802.11ax it will seamlessly connect to it with WiFi 6.

In other words, if you have an iPhone, which has 802.11ac Wi‑Fi 5, it will connect to a router with only 802.11ac WiFi 5 even if the router has WiFi 6 (802.11ax).

IPhone 12 Pro Max using WiFi 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.