Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I tell apart iPhone SE 1st gen vs 2nd gen?

How do i tell if i have an IPhone SE 1st generation or 2nd generation?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 8:54 AM

The SE 1st generation has a border around the screen and the power button is on the top.

The SE 2nd generation has a screen that goes the full width, and the power button is on the side.

4 replies

Feb 20, 2021 8:57 AM in response to Deb6227

This one is very easy to tell. The iPhone SE (1st Generation is shaped like the iPhone 5). The iPhone SE (2nd Generation is shaped like an iPhone 8). First generation has square edges and an aluminum back. Second generation supports wireless charging and has a glass back. Second generation screen is larger than the first generation.

You can google the pics of both generations and will know the difference right away.

Axel F.

How do I tell apart iPhone SE 1st gen vs 2nd gen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.