Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 16" Heating

Hey guys I have a three months old 16" MacBook Pro with the i9 processor and Radeon 5500M GPU in it. I mainly do video editing. While rendering the video the temperature of the laptop raises up to a whopping 80°C and the fan starts to kick in, although there isn't any slowdowns, throttling or crashes, the laptop functions smoothly, the only issue is that I can't keep it on my lap anymore it feels like I will get skin burns. My question is, is this temperature normal or there's something I need to be concerned about?

MacBook

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 2:34 PM

Hello JunaidSiddique,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand the concern when it comes to the temperature of your MacBook and will explain what could be happening.

These could be normal since rendering is a very process-intensive task and there are no other adverse affects other than some heat. To verify, check with Activity Monitor for processes that might be using too much CPU: View CPU activity in Activity Monitor on Mac

These tips can also be helpful: Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

If you still feel concerned or still have issues, you can look into service options: Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 2:34 PM in response to JunaidSiddique

Hello JunaidSiddique,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand the concern when it comes to the temperature of your MacBook and will explain what could be happening.

These could be normal since rendering is a very process-intensive task and there are no other adverse affects other than some heat. To verify, check with Activity Monitor for processes that might be using too much CPU: View CPU activity in Activity Monitor on Mac

These tips can also be helpful: Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

If you still feel concerned or still have issues, you can look into service options: Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

MacBook Pro 16" Heating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.