Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad screen won't rotate - stuck in vertical

Ipad screen locked in vertical. Can I fix this?

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 4:31 PM

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 4:31 PM in response to Ipad0614

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful.

Feb 20, 2021 3:31 PM in response to Ipad0614

To free rotation lock of thr iPad’s screen, swipe a finger downward from the upper right-hand corner ifmthe iPad’s screen to reveal the iPadOS Control Center.

Look for the icon button that should be white with a red circular arrow with red padlock symbol inside of this circular arrow.

Tap this button/icon to release the screen rotation lock.

Then tap anywhere on the screen to make the Control Center drop down disappear.

Best of Luck to You!

ipad screen won't rotate - stuck in vertical

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.