Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is my MacBook Pro with m1 chip 2020 competable

is my MacBook Pro with the M1 chip compatible with the LINE6 HD500x

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 8:02 PM

Up to Catalina, yes. Big Sur, no... here’s Line 6’s support page for your HD 500X

( link)

https://line6.com/software/index.html

It would be up to Line 6 to re-write / provide Big sur compatible software

john b

8 replies

Feb 23, 2021 1:26 PM in response to rm6gunsunday

I dunno exactly, as i don’t have a working Mac right now or a line 6 hd 500 x.. i am in fact, replying to you on my iPhone 7.. i’d suggest Audio MIDI setup which might be in the Utilities folder on your Mac somewhere.,. Then running the Line 6 software/applications... if you Hold down the option key, and click on the speaker icon at the top right of your screen, it will show you all of the available audio Inputs and outputs.

john b

Mar 9, 2021 12:27 PM in response to rm6gunsunday

I have this same issue. The problem isn't with the software, it's with the drivers. It looks like the Line 6 drivers not being ARM compatible. The M1 Mac disables the line 6 driver (it shows up under Disabled Software in System Report). I tried to load the driver manually and got the following error which indicates the driver needs to be ARM compatible.

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil load -b com.line6.driver.xtaudio

Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=71 "Incompatible architecture: Binary is for x86_64, but needed arch arm64e" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Incompatible architecture: Binary is for x86_64, but needed arch arm64e}

If you some how get this to work, please please let me know.

Apr 10, 2021 9:24 PM in response to rajfromchicago

Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil load --bundle-identifier com.line6.driver.xtaudio

Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=71 "Incompatible architecture: Binary is for x86_64, but needed arch arm64e" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Incompatible architecture: Binary is for x86_64, but needed arch arm64e}

exactly same thing here. Man... i hate line6

is my MacBook Pro with m1 chip 2020 competable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.