Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini - spotify connect

When will Apple Homepod mini support Spotify connect?

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 7:16 AM

Hi,

I called Apple support in order to make sure I will be able to use Spotify as a music service on my Homepod mini and was sent the below article after they told me it is now possible (version 14.4):

https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/homepod/apd414437fc9/homepod

However now with my new Homepod mini while looking for it under the "devices" section on the Spotify settings I cannot see it.

So they specifically told me at Apple that Spotify is supported but effectively am unable to choose is as a music service.

will appreciate your help

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 7:16 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi,

I called Apple support in order to make sure I will be able to use Spotify as a music service on my Homepod mini and was sent the below article after they told me it is now possible (version 14.4):

https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/homepod/apd414437fc9/homepod

However now with my new Homepod mini while looking for it under the "devices" section on the Spotify settings I cannot see it.

So they specifically told me at Apple that Spotify is supported but effectively am unable to choose is as a music service.

will appreciate your help

Mar 2, 2021 11:44 PM in response to turingtest2

thanks for your response.

I think Apple owe to consider deleting this article as it provides wrong and misleading information. their entire support organization and many customers including me are under the impression that Homepod mini and Homepod support Spotify connect while it is far from being the case.

Apple should also put pressure on Spotify to close this GAP ASAP as not everyone will prefer closing the Spotify account and many will just buy a different smart speaker. I wonder if anyone at Apple is monitoring this forum or are we just discussing between ourselves...

Feb 28, 2021 7:36 AM in response to dreifuss

I've just tried but get stuck at step 2. I've only got a free account with Spotify but I suspect that isn't the problem. I reckon we're waiting on Spotify to update their app.

Add a music service to HomePod

You can play music from other supported music apps on HomePod. Some music services require a subscription.

Note: Not all music services are supported on HomePod.

1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, sign in to the supported music service app.
  2. In the music service app, go to settings, then add the music service to your HomePod.
  3. In the Home app, tap , then tap Home Settings.
  4. Note: If you have more than one home, you see settings for your current home (based on your location). To edit a different home, tap Homes, then tap the home you want to edit.
  5. Tap your user profile under People.
  6. Under Media, tap the music service.
  7. If you want to update and personalise your profile based on what you listen to on the HomePod, turn on Update Listening History.

If you don’t want to use a music service with HomePod, you can remove it. In the Home app, tap , tap Home Settings, then tap your user profile. Tap the music service, then tap Remove from Home.

tt2

Homepod mini - spotify connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.