Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get to a keyboard on apple tv so I can sign into hbo max

how do i get to a keyboard on apple tv so I can sign into hbo max

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 8:26 PM

Once you "Click" on the box where the area is to enter your information an on screen keyboard should pop up allowing you to enter your information. You can also use an iPhone or iPad that is connected to the same Apple ID and has the most current iOS installed on it and when your Apple TV is at a point where it needs something typed in, it will let you use the keyboard on the screen of that device to be able to enter your information as well. Some apps, (I'm not sure about HBO Max as I set them all up at the same time when I turned it on) give you a code and have you go to a website and log in there and then enter the code that shows on the screen from the device and you follow the prompts and then it unlocks the app on the Apple TV.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 8:26 PM in response to bknp

Once you "Click" on the box where the area is to enter your information an on screen keyboard should pop up allowing you to enter your information. You can also use an iPhone or iPad that is connected to the same Apple ID and has the most current iOS installed on it and when your Apple TV is at a point where it needs something typed in, it will let you use the keyboard on the screen of that device to be able to enter your information as well. Some apps, (I'm not sure about HBO Max as I set them all up at the same time when I turned it on) give you a code and have you go to a website and log in there and then enter the code that shows on the screen from the device and you follow the prompts and then it unlocks the app on the Apple TV.

how to get to a keyboard on apple tv so I can sign into hbo max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.