Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12 month free trial

Can anyone tell me - do I have to have an Apple TV to watch my free 12-month subscription???

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 9:44 AM

6 replies

Feb 21, 2021 9:57 AM in response to dot710

In order to be eligible for that 12 month offer you would have had to purchase qualifying device, which not only includes Apple TV but also iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac. Once you claim the offer you would be able to view it on that device and if you had any other device that supports the TV app you would then be able to view it there. In case you weren't aware the TV app is also available on Smart TV's and other streaming devices. I have posted the page below.

Apple TV app - Devices - Apple (CA)

Feb 21, 2021 11:37 AM in response to dot710

If you have a free subscription then that means you claimed it on a device from which you can use to view the subscription. It is also available on any other device that has the TV app. An Apple TV box is not required.

This is a user forum, no one here can access your account to cancel any subscription. If you no longer wish to use it then you need to cancel it. Be aware that you would not be eligible to receive another offer and cannot reactivate it should you change you’re mind.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Feb 21, 2021 5:39 PM in response to vazandrew

I have a follow up question to this thread: I received the same free 12 month subscription with my new iPhone. I logged into the app and set it up on my phone. When I turn on my Apple TV to use the app, it is asking for me to sign up for the free seven days. I do not want to sign up for that and cancel my 12 month free. What’s the work around on this?

Feb 21, 2021 7:33 PM in response to VJB73

Once you’ve claimed the offer on your phone it will be tied to your ID and would be available on your Apple TV (along with any other device that has the TV app) as long as you are using that same Apple ID.

Go into your account to ensure the subscription is still active. If that’s been verified and for some reason it isn’t letting you access on Apple TV then try logging out and back in, beyond that you may need to contact Apple.

12 month free trial

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.