Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 12.9 inch (2020) overheating issue

I am using the new iPad Pro 12.9 inch (4th gen.) for a while now and as I am 11th grade student so I basically use it for studies. I purchased GoodNotes a month ago, it no doubt is the best note-taking app but I have noticed that in a month it not only drains the battery but also overheats my iPad. So is it the reason or is there anything that I should do to avoid that?

Please guide me.

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 11:32 AM

Do you have a thick case or skin on the iPad? Are you only experiencing this when GoodNotes is open or in the background? Something that might cause minor overheating is charging it while you are using it, and maybe even using a keyboard attachment that uses the smart connector. If it gets a little warm, that may not be a problem, but if it gets too hot, it may be a problem with the iPad or app. There is also the possibility that it is overheating because you are writing on it with the Pencil, thus using your body heat to heat up.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, turning off background syncing, and check if you have too many background processes that could use RAM. Has the battery drain happened when using the Pencil in the Apple Notes app? it may also just be the software of the Pencil using the battery.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 11:32 AM in response to dhruval_4444

Do you have a thick case or skin on the iPad? Are you only experiencing this when GoodNotes is open or in the background? Something that might cause minor overheating is charging it while you are using it, and maybe even using a keyboard attachment that uses the smart connector. If it gets a little warm, that may not be a problem, but if it gets too hot, it may be a problem with the iPad or app. There is also the possibility that it is overheating because you are writing on it with the Pencil, thus using your body heat to heat up.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, turning off background syncing, and check if you have too many background processes that could use RAM. Has the battery drain happened when using the Pencil in the Apple Notes app? it may also just be the software of the Pencil using the battery.

iPad Pro 12.9 inch (2020) overheating issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.