You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple adds have my gender listed incorrectly. Anyone know how to change it?

When I click on add targeting. It had my birth year, gender, location. However my tender isn’t correct. When I click update information. I’m taken to a page where I can change my user id.

If I follow the link from the ad target page. I go to Appleid.Apple.com but there’s no option I can find to change gender.

Anyone else run into this? Or more importantly can tell me where to fix it?

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 11:05 PM

1 reply

Feb 23, 2021 3:34 PM in response to dont-use-personal-information

Hello dont-use-personal-information,

Thanks for asking about the gender in your ads.

This article mentions how it gets the information, but not where to edit it: Apple Advertising & Privacy - Apple Support

"Account Information: Your name, address, age, and devices registered to your Apple ID account. Information such as your first name in your Apple ID registration page or salutation in your Apple ID account may be used to derive your gender."

Next, check here and see if changing it there changes anything: Health app > Face Icon Top Right > Health Details > Edit

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

My Apple adds have my gender listed incorrectly. Anyone know how to change it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.