Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with iMessage and SMS

I have a iPhone 11. When I get a iMessage or SMS the phone doesn’t notify me, when I do happen to go to my messages by chance and tap on the message it just disappears, I wonder if anyone could help me solve this please. Thanks

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 6:29 AM

2 replies

Feb 22, 2021 6:42 AM in response to DaveEdward

It cannot be the way you have described. Try to find out when it does not give notifications? Under which circumstances for e.g.

• When Locked or Unlocked
  • When on DND or Bed Time
  • When your Text app is open or closed
  • When your ringer is silent or enabled
  • For a particular Contact or for all
  • For VIPs or for all

If you are never getting a Notification then you need to set up one. --> Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ...

Feb 22, 2021 6:42 AM in response to DaveEdward

Do you have Apple Watch?

Where you’ll see your notifications

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. Learn when a notification might appear on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch, below.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

Help with iMessage and SMS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.