Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, my macbook air has gone missing. I have tried to locate it using the “find my” app, but inly see my phone as a device. How can I go about locating my laptop?

Hello, my macbook air has gone missing. I have tried to locate it using the “find my” app, but inly see my phone as a device. How can I go about locating my laptop?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 6:45 PM

Hi Marievictoriano,

If I read your question correctly, you tried to locate your Mac using the Find My app, but only your phone appears in the device list. If this is correct, unfortunately your Mac didn't have Find My Mac enabled, and Apple cannot help in recovering your Mac.

I recommend contacting local law enforcement and filing a police report that contains the year and model of your Mac, as well as its serial number (if you have access to it).

Best of luck in recovering your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 6:45 PM in response to Marievictoriano

Hi Marievictoriano,

If I read your question correctly, you tried to locate your Mac using the Find My app, but only your phone appears in the device list. If this is correct, unfortunately your Mac didn't have Find My Mac enabled, and Apple cannot help in recovering your Mac.

I recommend contacting local law enforcement and filing a police report that contains the year and model of your Mac, as well as its serial number (if you have access to it).

Best of luck in recovering your Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.