Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding AirPlay 2 to older AVReceiver

I want to add Airplay 2 capabilities to an older Marantz AVR. It's occurred to me that I can add a separate AirPlay 2 Media streaming source to one of the input channels on the AVR. I have two inexpensive choices in mind. A) An Apple Airport Express v2 a digital streaming device but not as a Hub in itself. I have an extra AAX2 laying around.

Or, I could simply add a 2nd Apple TV in the same manner – digital connection for Music only. Could use as a Hub as well. Possibly a better DAC in the ATV than in the AAX2? Any thoughts on the viability of this endevour?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 4:22 PM

If your Marantz does not support AirPlay 2, you would need to check to see if it offers any firmware updates that offers this capability. If none are available from Marantz AND you really need AirPlay 2 then it's time for a new HT Receiver or option 2 and get yourself a new Apple TV 4K.

1 reply

Adding AirPlay 2 to older AVReceiver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.