Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant change my region

It says I can't change my region back to the us

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 7:28 PM

Hello again danya,

There are actually two different kinds of region change. One is essentially unintentional as I outlined earlier. The other is when you move to a new country. If you need to change country, please read this support article: Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support And please do read it (unfortunately I get the impression that many people here do not read the documents Apple carefully prepares with all the details people need to do and only read what is put in the body of posts) because the document outlines all the details of things you need to do before you can change country including what to do about extra balance.

Unfortunately your initial post was somewhat sparse on details so we don't know which specific problem you are having. If they aren't covered by my two posts then please reply with more details. Good luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 7:28 PM in response to Limnos

Hello again danya,

There are actually two different kinds of region change. One is essentially unintentional as I outlined earlier. The other is when you move to a new country. If you need to change country, please read this support article: Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support And please do read it (unfortunately I get the impression that many people here do not read the documents Apple carefully prepares with all the details people need to do and only read what is put in the body of posts) because the document outlines all the details of things you need to do before you can change country including what to do about extra balance.

Unfortunately your initial post was somewhat sparse on details so we don't know which specific problem you are having. If they aren't covered by my two posts then please reply with more details. Good luck!

Feb 22, 2021 6:57 PM in response to danya197

Hello danya,

A region setting issue can sometimes happen if you find a link on the web that points to a media item in another country's iTunes Store. Here's how you can correct this:

Sign out of the iTunes Store [ https://support.apple.com/HT203983 ] and sign in again to get the iTunes Store region to match the region to which your Apple ID country is set, as described in this post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250611340?answerId=251184940022#251184940022

Go to: Settings > Account > Media & Purchases > View Account > Country/Region

Make sure it is set to your normal country.

In the "Media & Purchases" menu, sign out and then sign in again.

Feb 22, 2021 7:01 PM in response to danya197

danya197 Said:

“i cant change my region: It says I can't change my region back to the us”

———-

Get your Balance Zeroed Out:

To be able to change the location, you need to zero-out your Apple Accountbalance. Then the location will be able to be modified.

Overpay or Call Apple:

So, either purchase something and use what is owed to pay the rest of it off, or contact Apple Support, to have them zero-out your balance.

i cant change my region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.