Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need a SIM for iWatch 6 cellular

Do I need a SIM card for the Apple Watch 6 cellular?

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 12:24 AM

The SIM is built into the watch.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.;  HomePods, audioOS 14.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

3 replies

Feb 23, 2021 4:10 PM in response to thethirdoracle

In the US the majority of providers charge $10 a month for the Watch plan, but T-Mobile/Sprint charges $15 a month with a $5 discount if you use autopay* for your phone bill.

I have T-Mobile as my carrier and yes, my iPhone's calls ring on my watch, but my watch has its own telephone number.

*Autopay is where you permanently supply a credit card on your cellular account and the carrier charges your bill to that card each month.

BTW, if you pay your cellular phone bill with a Wells Fargo credit card (not a debit card), your cell phone is covered with insurance against damages, theft or loss for free.

Do I need a SIM for iWatch 6 cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.