Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot using Airdrop on Macbook

I cannot use my airdrop with my MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017). My macOS is Big sur.

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 2:20 PM

Hi Ccoookie,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We appreciate you reaching out for help with this issue using AirDrop on your MacBook Air. We're glad to sort it out with you.

So that we're on the same page, let us know which other device and software version you're using when you attempt to send or receive files? Have you had a chance to restart both devices since noticing this issue?

Let us know if the information in this guide helps, or if you've got any questions:

Use AirDrop on your Mac

Have a great day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2021 2:20 PM in response to Ccoookie

Hi Ccoookie,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We appreciate you reaching out for help with this issue using AirDrop on your MacBook Air. We're glad to sort it out with you.

So that we're on the same page, let us know which other device and software version you're using when you attempt to send or receive files? Have you had a chance to restart both devices since noticing this issue?

Let us know if the information in this guide helps, or if you've got any questions:

Use AirDrop on your Mac

Have a great day!

Cannot using Airdrop on Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.