Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to FaceTime or Messages on MacOS BigSur (MBP 16")

I am trying to sign in to FaceTime and Messages application on my Mac.

After entering my Apple ID credentials it shows a loading animation, but then it shows the login screen again.

There is no error message, or anything else.

I see the following logs in the console.

After attempting to login to Messages:

Feb 23 12:18:51 Vlads-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.user.501): Service "application.com.apple.MobileSMS.1152921500311916266.1152921500311916271" tried to register for endpoint "com.apple.madrid-idswake" already registered by owner: com.apple.imagent

After attempting to login to FaceTime:

Feb 23 12:03:28 Vlads-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.user.501): Service "application.com.apple.FaceTime.1152921500311898998.1152921500311899003" tried to register for endpoint "com.apple.madrid-idswake" already registered by owner: com.apple.imagent

I have tried all steps I could find on the internet, I tried the following:

• Using the correct credentials
  • Setting automatic date & time
  • Updating OS version to the latest
  • Launching mac in recovery mode
  • Re-installing BigSur

Any ideas what else I could try?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 9:36 AM

I had the same issue: it was solved by calling apple support and ask them to have a look into the apple ID if there is a limit on the Apple ID on how many devices you can use iMessage and / or Facetime. they unblocked my Apple ID reboot of Macbook and it was working. I had the same Error that you had. Apple called this a security feature ... maybe it will help you.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 9:36 AM in response to vladuma

I had the same issue: it was solved by calling apple support and ask them to have a look into the apple ID if there is a limit on the Apple ID on how many devices you can use iMessage and / or Facetime. they unblocked my Apple ID reboot of Macbook and it was working. I had the same Error that you had. Apple called this a security feature ... maybe it will help you.

Mar 1, 2021 6:19 AM in response to vladuma

Same thing here:

Mar 1 14:53:59 MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.user.501): Service "application.com.apple.FaceTime.1152....1152..." tried to register for endpoint "com.apple.madrid-idswake" already registered by owner: com.apple.imagent

Everything was working till a week ago or so.

Then I noticed I could not have any Facetime video calls anymore.

Then I logged out from Facetime from my MBP 16 and does not allow me to log in anymore.

No error message or anything. Just returns into asking the credentials.

Logging in to the same Apple ID work on both web browser and iPhone 11 Pro.

Cannot connect to FaceTime or Messages on MacOS BigSur (MBP 16")

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.