Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

As I live in Germany and in the US, I need to frequently change my region in order to download apps in both regions. How do I do that?

As I live in Germany and in the US, I need to frequently change my region in order to download apps in both regions. How do I do that?

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 6:25 AM

Hello desmond,

You're probably familiar with the process already but click on the link and read how to "Change your Apple ID country or region" - https://support.apple.com/HT201389

There is no way to quickly do that. The system just isn't set up that way and if anything is set up to discourage people who want to change to another country just because something isn't licensed for use in their country.

Germany must have changed. When I lived there the Germans had very strict definitions of where you "resided". You could even have residency in two cities, much less two countries.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 6:25 AM in response to desmond4

Hello desmond,

You're probably familiar with the process already but click on the link and read how to "Change your Apple ID country or region" - https://support.apple.com/HT201389

There is no way to quickly do that. The system just isn't set up that way and if anything is set up to discourage people who want to change to another country just because something isn't licensed for use in their country.

Germany must have changed. When I lived there the Germans had very strict definitions of where you "resided". You could even have residency in two cities, much less two countries.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.