Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the name I give my Apple TV4K affect connectivity with HomePod?

Does the name I give my Apple TV affect connectivity in any way? I have it named Living Room, but because my HomePod is also named Living Room, it shows up as Living Room 2 which I'd like to not use.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 10:02 AM

If you’re not into ‘creative’ naming (e.g. relating to your favorite story), then name them e.g. ‘Apple TV 1’ and ‘HomePod 1’ in room ‘Living Room’, or ‘Apple TV LR’ and ‘HomePod LR’ in room ‘Living Room’. If you are AirPlaying some music at home, then it should be clear to which device the stream is being send (as both can receive music independently).

You may want to keep it simple (one word or few words), if used in combination with Siri. “Hey Siri, play Foo Fighters on Living Room HomePod 1."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 10:02 AM in response to dennyup

If you’re not into ‘creative’ naming (e.g. relating to your favorite story), then name them e.g. ‘Apple TV 1’ and ‘HomePod 1’ in room ‘Living Room’, or ‘Apple TV LR’ and ‘HomePod LR’ in room ‘Living Room’. If you are AirPlaying some music at home, then it should be clear to which device the stream is being send (as both can receive music independently).

You may want to keep it simple (one word or few words), if used in combination with Siri. “Hey Siri, play Foo Fighters on Living Room HomePod 1."

Does the name I give my Apple TV4K affect connectivity with HomePod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.