Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 some calls drop a sometimes my voice sounds like a robot

I have the iPhone 11 with AT&T and when I call my daughter (also AT&T) the calls are a problem. The calls drop and go silent - sometimes the call will go silent for a few seconds before a "Call Failed" message. The signal is good. I can call back immediately to continue the conversation, but it's annoying and it keeps happening. Tried restarting the phone and have the latest software. Still the calls drop.

Also, my voice on some calls sounds like a robot. Any help?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 8:58 AM

Contact AT&T. A robotic voice can be an issue with the cellular connection and call drops can be due to tower issues. It can be on either end as well since you are both on cellular at the time. It could be a temporary issue with a tower in one of your areas as well. But it may be something both of you could check with AT&T.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 8:58 AM in response to lescoffery

Contact AT&T. A robotic voice can be an issue with the cellular connection and call drops can be due to tower issues. It can be on either end as well since you are both on cellular at the time. It could be a temporary issue with a tower in one of your areas as well. But it may be something both of you could check with AT&T.

Feb 23, 2021 9:40 AM in response to lescoffery

Not for calls. You can ask them for a replacement SIM. But again, it could be you or your daughter's end. She would need to check at her end as well. The robotic sound would be temporary. An occasional connection will do that, again that is on the cellular end of things.

If you get another SIM and there is no issue with your daughter's end, then you can try something. Create a current backup of the iPhone and restore it to factory and set it up as a new phone. Test it at that point. If it works fine, then restore your backup and test it.

Are you dropping that many calls?

iPhone 11 some calls drop a sometimes my voice sounds like a robot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.