Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gift card

why you can use Apple store gift card for iTunes but you can’t use an iTunes gift card to buy a product on Apple store? It doesn’t make sense from the client prospective. It is frustrating not be able to use an Apple gift card to buy the a Apple product you prefer.

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 12:07 PM

10 replies

Feb 23, 2021 12:50 PM in response to askbarnabas

I have already contacted Apple support.

the result was:

1/2 hour of chat

1/2 hour of phone conversation

2 different departments

No explanation on why I can’t buy products on Apple store with an iTunes gift card.

the only way it seems to be by making a special request to manager ... waiting for answer and maybe have it converted in about 7 /10 days!

would it be more practical and user/client friendly to have an universal gift card?

Feb 23, 2021 1:15 PM in response to askbarnabas

I don’t think an universal gift card exists yet. You can get an App store and iTunes gift card (the one I purchased) that unfortunately can’t be used on Apple store to buy an iPhone or iPod for example, or an Apple gift card you can use in store or on Apple.com. Non mentioning the confusion that can be easily created between App store and Apple store.... why making so complicated...just one gift card I can use for music, app, devices, hardware, software, film....

Gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.