Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating iphone

I have a problem updating my phone

my phone didn’t update so the sim stopped working I tried updating my phone several times and It did not work it was stuck at estimating time remaining for bourse I tried everything but it was still stuck I wiped my phone and it won’t activate because they said the phone have to update I tried updating it on the computer but it said I need a SIM card to update it n the SIM card won’t work

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 1:39 PM

If you are seeing No Signal or Searching see, this, If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you have an iPhone 7, see if this applies, iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support

You can also take a look at this for No SIM messages, If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also take a look at this for a phone that gave you a message about update failing, If you see an Update Failed or Apple Pay Not Available alert after iOS update or restart - Apple Support

Last one is about unable to update and error messages. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2021 1:39 PM in response to Wilita

If you are seeing No Signal or Searching see, this, If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you have an iPhone 7, see if this applies, iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support

You can also take a look at this for No SIM messages, If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also take a look at this for a phone that gave you a message about update failing, If you see an Update Failed or Apple Pay Not Available alert after iOS update or restart - Apple Support

Last one is about unable to update and error messages. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Feb 23, 2021 1:39 PM in response to Wilita

It is a little difficult understanding your post here, without any punctuation, it is quite a run on. It seems you attempted to update your iPhone but experienced a problem. It seems that problem was the update failed and you are saying the SIM did not work. When you tried again, it seems it got stuck updating, so you decided to restore your iPhone to factory. Now, it won't activate because of an error.

Can you either provide the exact text of the error you received, or provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on the screen? If English is not your first language and the screenshot is in a different language, please translate the error. You say the SIM no longer works, have you addressed that with your carrier to get a new SIM?

Feb 23, 2021 4:08 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

ok I’m sorry for how I typed. I’ll explain better.

First thing first my sim stopped working in the phone itself that wasn’t updated. But it worked in other phones. The message came up on the phone saying you cannot make or receive calls until phone is update. As I mentioned earlier I tried updating my phone to iOS 14, I have an iPhone 7 ok and it stuck at estimating time remaining I tried everything I turned it off reset network I did everything and it still did not work.

I even try updating it on the computer on iTunes and a message pop up saying, iPhone cannot be update without a SIM card

What should I do?

Updating iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.