Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with my iPhone 11 display

My iPhone 11 fell into my bathtub. It was submerged for less than a minute in a depth of no more than 6 inches of water. Somehow the water got into the phone and damaged the screen.

Since the iPhone 11 is classified as IP68, how could this have happened?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 6:11 PM

iPhone is water resistant, NOT waterproof. The IP rating is set by controlled laboratory testing. It is not tested in situations such as dropping the phone in a bathtub or toilet.

The statement above that water damage can't be repaired is correct. If you purchased AppleCare+ when you bought the phone you can get a replacement phone for $99. If you didn't, a replacement phone will cost $399.

This link provides the prices --> iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 6:11 PM in response to agustina194

iPhone is water resistant, NOT waterproof. The IP rating is set by controlled laboratory testing. It is not tested in situations such as dropping the phone in a bathtub or toilet.

The statement above that water damage can't be repaired is correct. If you purchased AppleCare+ when you bought the phone you can get a replacement phone for $99. If you didn't, a replacement phone will cost $399.

This link provides the prices --> iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Problem with my iPhone 11 display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.