Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i delete my phonenumber?

Im using my Mums old phone and it has her phone number on it and i can edit or delete it at all. I tried resetting my phone when i was first using it but it didnt work and i need to know how to fix it.

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 9:31 AM

Hello Aden41,

It sounds like your mom's phone number appears on your iPhone. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

The phone number that is used with the iPhone is from the SIM card insert onto the device. You would need to us another SIM card with your phone number in order for you iPhone to use another number. This article should help: Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad

If you are seeing her phone number somewhere else, can you be more specific as to where you see her phone number? Are you sharing an Apple ID with your mom or do you use your own? Also, which iPhone and iOS version are you currently using?

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 9:31 AM in response to Aden41

Hello Aden41,

It sounds like your mom's phone number appears on your iPhone. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

The phone number that is used with the iPhone is from the SIM card insert onto the device. You would need to us another SIM card with your phone number in order for you iPhone to use another number. This article should help: Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad

If you are seeing her phone number somewhere else, can you be more specific as to where you see her phone number? Are you sharing an Apple ID with your mom or do you use your own? Also, which iPhone and iOS version are you currently using?

Cheers!

How do i delete my phonenumber?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.