Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Have a Problem.

May I ask you guy anything? I got a message from my MacBook Pro that "StandardBoostd" will damage your computer. How can I do if I see this message? Thank You.

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 8:35 PM

This is a notice that you have somehow installed malware on your computer. This one, standardboostd, will typically control your browser, cause pop up ads to appear, and it might affect your browsing history and even redirect your browser to sites you are unaware you are being redirected to, instead of the ones you specified.

This can be very problematic when you enter passwords or personal (banking, identity, etc.) information in your browser window.

Download Malwarebytes, it is a secure program that you can run in a free mode to scan your computer and identify and remove such malware. The scan is quick, maybe a few minutes. If you want to use additional advanced features, there is an option to purchase a more capable version, but that is not necessary right now.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 8:35 PM in response to Sisakda

This is a notice that you have somehow installed malware on your computer. This one, standardboostd, will typically control your browser, cause pop up ads to appear, and it might affect your browsing history and even redirect your browser to sites you are unaware you are being redirected to, instead of the ones you specified.

This can be very problematic when you enter passwords or personal (banking, identity, etc.) information in your browser window.

Download Malwarebytes, it is a secure program that you can run in a free mode to scan your computer and identify and remove such malware. The scan is quick, maybe a few minutes. If you want to use additional advanced features, there is an option to purchase a more capable version, but that is not necessary right now.

I Have a Problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.