Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“ExploreUnitd”

Hi, Has anyone gotten a message on the screen “ExploreUnitd” will damage your computer.? this doesn't go away by clicking OK nor re-starting , cant find anything in my computer nor info in the internet. I just stated yesterday.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 3:39 AM

7 replies

Feb 25, 2021 11:51 AM in response to gregoriomas

Hello gregoriomas,

We understand that you are getting an unknown error message on your Mac. We’d be glad to assist. 

To confirm, does this message appear when using Safari or when you are using another app? If it appears in Safari, follow these resources:

If this is happening in another app, please provide more information on when this message appears. Also, check for any available software updates for your Mac:

How to update the software on your Mac

Take care!

Feb 27, 2021 10:31 AM in response to audiofoo

Hi all,

Sorry I did not get back to this sooner.

I think I got the problem at least under control, the message in question is gone!

I downloaded a trial version of a malware/virus software and run it. It found 12 issues which however not posing threat, were quarantined.

The “ExploreUnitd” will damage your computer.? message stoped popping up and as far as I know, the quarantined items are fine where they are for know.

Hope it helps..

Gregorio

“ExploreUnitd”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.