You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screensaver loop

I've set up a short screensaver on my iMac of around 20 photos from my picture library. When this short sequence comes to an end, it just sticks on the final image. I'm sure I used to be able to set up a loop so it would run continuously. I recently upgraded to Big Sur - has something changed?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 5:47 AM

13 replies

Feb 25, 2021 2:18 PM in response to John Evans11

Hello John Evans11,

We can help with your iMac. From what we understand, the screen saver using a photo album stays on the last image instead of repeating all the photos, is that correct?

If your Mac is updated to the latest Big Sur version, try changing the screen saver, restarting the Mac, and configuring the screen saver again. Make sure the correct source/folder is selected or try with a different one. The steps are described in the links below in case you need them:

Use a screen saver on your Mac

Change Screen Saver preferences on Mac

Let us know the result.

screensaver loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.