Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone hacked

How do i know if my i phone is hacked and what i have to do if it’s hacked

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 7:15 PM

Wlconfused Said:

"iPhone hacked: I was looking on line for a floor plan for an apt building I was interested in leasing in. I clicked on what looked like a legitimate website of a realty company that said it had the floor plans. A message bubble popped up that my phone was being hacked.[...]"

-------

Phishing Site:

By your description, it is a phishing site of sorts.

Modify Your Credentials:

If you installed anything or interacted in the site in any manor, then most certainly consider making some changes

What to Modify:

Note: If you did not interact with the site in any manor, then no worries - you are fine.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 7:15 PM in response to Wlconfused

Wlconfused Said:

"iPhone hacked: I was looking on line for a floor plan for an apt building I was interested in leasing in. I clicked on what looked like a legitimate website of a realty company that said it had the floor plans. A message bubble popped up that my phone was being hacked.[...]"

-------

Phishing Site:

By your description, it is a phishing site of sorts.

Modify Your Credentials:

If you installed anything or interacted in the site in any manor, then most certainly consider making some changes

What to Modify:

Note: If you did not interact with the site in any manor, then no worries - you are fine.

Feb 28, 2021 6:05 PM in response to kb1951

I was looking on line for a floor plan for an apt building I was interested in leasing in. I clicked on what looked like a legitimate website of a realty company that said it had the floor plans. A message bubble popped up that my phone was being hacked. I within 15 seconds of recognizing what that meant, powered off my phone. I have not turned it on since. I have been using my iPad and desktop computer. I need a new phone anyway as I have an iPhone 7. What should I do?

Feb 28, 2021 6:09 PM in response to Wlconfused

Wlconfused wrote:

I was looking on line for a floor plan for an apt building I was interested in leasing in. I clicked on what looked like a legitimate website of a realty company that said it had the floor plans. A message bubble popped up that my phone was being hacked. I within 15 seconds of recognizing what that meant, powered off my phone. I have not turned it on since. I have been using my iPad and desktop computer. I need a new phone anyway as I have an iPhone 7. What should I do?

Turn your phone back on and stop worrying. What you saw was a scam pop up. It was an attempt to scare you into buying useless software.

iPhone hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.