Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Apple Music Files from External HD to iPhone

I have a large library of what always was iTunes files on an external HD. I have now saved them in Apple Music, still on the external drive.

How do I transfer these files from the external HD (a few at a time, as needed) to my iPhone 12 mini?

All of my devices are the latest: The phone, the external HD, my MacBook Air with the M1 chip.

If this is possible with the computer or without, I'd love to know.

It seems Apple would prefer that I store these files in the iCloud in order to access them. Is there a way around this? I would rather not pay monthly for something that I've owned for going on two decades.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 9:48 AM

Lunar,

Make sure the files are in your Music library. It does not matter if they are on a local drive or an external. Then you can sync your device by connecting via USB. You do not need any subscription. See steps in here:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Transfer Apple Music Files from External HD to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.