Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop suddenly stopped working to transfer mp4's from Imac to phone

I've been doing this since forever. Mp4 exported from Premier to destop to iphone. Now it's saying "Failed to send" Save to airdrop? WTF. The file size is 5mb and I haven't changed anything from the 1000 other times I've done it. I've looked online and tried many different things but nothing is working. Please help?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 11:04 AM

Check whether the MP4 file is in order and not corrupt. You may also check by importing this to the Apple TV app on your Mac, if it doesn't import, the file is bad.

Or Sync to iPhone via Finder/iTunes and if it works, you have some other issue.

I just now tested it by sending an MP4 video (65MB) from my Mac macOS 11.2.1 (I had downloaded it from YouTube) to my iPhone 6 iOS 12.5.1. There was no issue whatsoever.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2021 11:04 AM in response to nwsansom

Check whether the MP4 file is in order and not corrupt. You may also check by importing this to the Apple TV app on your Mac, if it doesn't import, the file is bad.

Or Sync to iPhone via Finder/iTunes and if it works, you have some other issue.

I just now tested it by sending an MP4 video (65MB) from my Mac macOS 11.2.1 (I had downloaded it from YouTube) to my iPhone 6 iOS 12.5.1. There was no issue whatsoever.

Airdrop suddenly stopped working to transfer mp4's from Imac to phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.