You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird noises on phone

Why does my phone keep making this really weird noise. the noise is hard to explain but it happens when I do most things like open an app, send a voice note , put in my password. I cant turn it off .

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 2:35 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2021 2:23 PM in response to mariaazzi652

Hey there Maria,

Let's team up together to look into what may be causing the noises you're hearing on your iPhone.

From what you described, this sounds close to what would be the normal system sounds. To rule this out, we recommend testing the same actions you mentioned, but with Silent Mode enabled. Check out: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode

Another thing to rule out is if you have a case with some parts that may be causing the sound you're hearing. If you have a case/covering on your iPhone, take it off and test it for a while.

We see you're using iOS 14, but the latest is iOS 14.4. You can verify the version number installed within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you dropped/impacted your iPhone shortly before this started, it could explain the noise as there may be physical damage.

Cheers!

Weird noises on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.