Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why aren't text messages syncing with iphone and laptop?

I've gone to both iPhone and my laptop to enable messages but they do not sync.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 11:42 AM

compti Said:

"Why aren't text messages syncing with iphone and laptop?: I finally remembered I could chat with an apple pro. Who knew it was the basic "Duh!" stuff? I needed to turn off my phone. Toggle on and off the messages buttons, the icloud messages - also leaving phone off for a bit, guarantee I had up-to-date software, which I did, and it worked. I'm definitely bookmarking the link you shared."

-------

Glad the link fixed it. The basic "Duh!" stuff happens to all.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 11:42 AM in response to compti

compti Said:

"Why aren't text messages syncing with iphone and laptop?: I finally remembered I could chat with an apple pro. Who knew it was the basic "Duh!" stuff? I needed to turn off my phone. Toggle on and off the messages buttons, the icloud messages - also leaving phone off for a bit, guarantee I had up-to-date software, which I did, and it worked. I'm definitely bookmarking the link you shared."

-------

Glad the link fixed it. The basic "Duh!" stuff happens to all.

Feb 24, 2021 8:49 PM in response to compti

compti Said:

"Why aren't text messages syncing with iphone and laptop?: I've gone to both iPhone and my laptop to enable messages but they do not sync."

-------

Where to Go from here:

A. Start Here: Use Messages with your Mac - Apple Support

B. Use Messages App:

Enable Messages in iCloud settings on your iPhone and on your MacBook Pro. Be certain that Bluetooth is enabled on both as well.

C. Try.a New User:

If it still does not work, then create a new Administrator on your MacBook Pro, and see if if then works.

Feb 25, 2021 11:38 AM in response to TheLittles

I finally remembered I could chat with an apple pro. Who knew it was the basic "Duh!" stuff? I needed to turn off my phone. Toggle on and off the messages buttons, the icloud messages - also leaving phone off for a bit, guarantee I had up-to-date software, which I did, and it worked. I'm definitely bookmarking the link you shared.

Feb 25, 2021 11:55 AM in response to compti

compti Said:

"Why aren't text messages syncing with iphone and laptop?: just goes to show how fine the product is that I get lulled into complacency about keeping on my toes - or maybe that is the ultimate evil. Thanks!

———-

You are welcome.

Its all about learning how to troubleshoot, and that’s just these forums are here for. So, if you have any other issues, consider posting back.

Why aren't text messages syncing with iphone and laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.