Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing emails

I think I am having a problem with MacMail. Messages are coming through but significantly fewer than I would expect. Some emails that should come on a daily basis are not appearing.. I've checked filters, looked to make sure senders are not blocked but no issues there. It may be that the problem is in my imagination but the feeling is growing that some messages are not being delivered. Any advice?

Thanks in advance

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 4:30 PM

I've been following this & can't think of much else than 6x6's great help, but...

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 4:30 PM in response to Gingie199

I've been following this & can't think of much else than 6x6's great help, but...

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

Feb 25, 2021 8:40 AM in response to 6x6

Apple is the email provider (Macmail). I've tried speaking with them to no effect. The missing messages do not appear on ICloud. My concern is that there are some emails (daily digests of information on specific topics) that have not been appearing. They are still being published and I have not altered any settings but do not reach me. In general it seems that I am receiving less than half of the number of emails I normally get in a day. It may be that no-one has anything new to say to me in these days of lockdown but there is the uncomfortable feeling that something may be going wrong.

Feb 25, 2021 10:11 AM in response to Gingie199

This is really puzzling. Do you have any friends or family who currently subscribe to these emails? Have they received them? If they are not subscribing, could you ask one of them to subscribe? Lastly, could you do a global search in the Mail app for one of these subscriptions? I'm wondering if they are not been shuffled to your Trash folder before you can read them.

Feb 25, 2021 12:31 PM in response to 6x6

It does seem to be an issue with my account. We've tried some of the services on my wife's account and messages come through. The big problem seems to be with messages that are sent to large numbers of recipients although I have the uneasy feeling that some private emails are not being delivered. I may be wrong but am starting to lose confidence in MacMail.

I don't know if it is linked in any way, but if I try to access iCloud using Chrome it refuses to let me into my email. I get in using Safari. Again I had mail problems at the end of last year that seemed to be resolved by signing out of iCloud and then changing my password.

Missing emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.