Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages doesn't respond to my settings

Why does my messages app continue to open upon login, even though i checked it off in its settings?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 1:09 PM

Hi there, Twisted_Psycho13,

It sounds like your Messages app is opening automatically when logging into your Mac, even though you've turned this off in System Preferences. Let's see how we can help out here in the Communities.

Have you followed the steps in this article for how to remove automatic login items? Open items automatically when you log in on Mac - Apple Support

You can also right-click the app in your dock, click "options" then make sure there is not a check mark beside "Open at Login".

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2021 1:09 PM in response to Twisted_Psycho13

Hi there, Twisted_Psycho13,

It sounds like your Messages app is opening automatically when logging into your Mac, even though you've turned this off in System Preferences. Let's see how we can help out here in the Communities.

Have you followed the steps in this article for how to remove automatic login items? Open items automatically when you log in on Mac - Apple Support

You can also right-click the app in your dock, click "options" then make sure there is not a check mark beside "Open at Login".

Best regards.

iMessages doesn't respond to my settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.