Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2

To create an Apple ID, I need to fill in my bank card information. after filling, a window pops up so that I contact support to complete this transaction. I also wanted to clarify how I can update the software for downloading applications, as in the app store when downloading an application, a window pops up about the incompatibility of the application with this iPad

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 7:13 PM

1. Click here and ask the iTunes Store staff for assistance.

2. An iPad 2 isn't capable of 10 or above, or application versions which require those.

(193058)

2 replies

Feb 25, 2021 7:44 PM in response to MrRomikson13

A 2011 iPad 2 is almost a 10-year old device ( 10-years old in April 2021 ).

Virtually all apps from the iOS App Store will be incompatible with your iPad, today.

Virtually all apps needs, at least iOS 11 and many now require iOS 12 or iPadOS 13 or better, today.

Apple ended support for all 8-10-year old iOS devices well over 4 years, ago, in 2016.

Third party app developers abandoned and stopped supporting these 8-10-year old iOS devices nearly 3 years, ago, in 2018.

There are, virtually, NO MORE third party apps available from the iOS App Store, any longer!

None!

AND, that over 4-year old default iOS Safari Web browser is too old, not secure and not safe to use to access the Internet, any longer.

There are virtually NO MORE third party Web browsers left for 8-10 year old iPads!

Available and more popular third party Web browser choices are pretty much GONE, now.

If you must use these old iPad models, here is what is left for still updated Web browsers.

Pickins’ are slim, now!

ALook Web browser ( A fairly new Web browser primarily designed for old iOS device versions, but is still available to newer iOS/iPadOS devices, as well )

Dolphin Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

TOR private browser

TOR + VPN private browser

Turbo VPN private browser

This is pretty much it for iOS 9/10 compatible, third party Web browsers today.

Simply put, your 4th gen iPad is too old and obsolete now.

Sorry, but this is the reality for ALL 8-10-year old AND OLDER iOS devices now. Especially going into 2021!

It's 2021 now!

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a purchase of a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, locally or online, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.