You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why will Apple Pay not accept my drivers license

For security reasons Apple Pay asks for driver’s license but it won’t accept it, why?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 8:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 8:23 AM

Sorry about that. I didn't realize that link was just for Apple Card. The only other thing I could find was this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207887. In the second section, it starts talks about Apple Cash which is part of the setup when trying to send or receive money with Apple Pay. Maybe worth a quick read.

I have seen from a few others that sometimes the process gets stuck with verification. In their cases, they contacted Apple Support which then "closed" their Apple Cash account in order for them to start a new setup. Not sure if all this applies to your situation, but I hope it helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2021 8:23 AM in response to Dawn149

Sorry about that. I didn't realize that link was just for Apple Card. The only other thing I could find was this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207887. In the second section, it starts talks about Apple Cash which is part of the setup when trying to send or receive money with Apple Pay. Maybe worth a quick read.

I have seen from a few others that sometimes the process gets stuck with verification. In their cases, they contacted Apple Support which then "closed" their Apple Cash account in order for them to start a new setup. Not sure if all this applies to your situation, but I hope it helps.

Why will Apple Pay not accept my drivers license

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.