Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad keyboard as external for MacBook Air?

I'm very new at this,so still not clear. I have a MacBook Air (running Mojave), for which I need an external keyboard. I'm looking to buy an iPad Pro (but don't have it yet) , and would get a keyboard for that as well - could I use the iPad keyboard as an external keyboard for my MacBook as well, or do I have to buy two separate keyboards??

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 7:03 PM

Hello kirstin202,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're looking at options for a keyboard that will work with both an iPad and MacBook Air. Have you checked out the Magic Keyboards offered by Apple? Reviewing the details for each, you'll find a full list of compatible devices. It would be best to review this to assist with making your decision on what would work for you and your devices.

Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad

Magic Keyboard

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 7:03 PM in response to kirstin202

Hello kirstin202,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're looking at options for a keyboard that will work with both an iPad and MacBook Air. Have you checked out the Magic Keyboards offered by Apple? Reviewing the details for each, you'll find a full list of compatible devices. It would be best to review this to assist with making your decision on what would work for you and your devices.

Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad

Magic Keyboard

Hope this helps.

iPad keyboard as external for MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.