You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PROBLEM WITH IPAD

I have problems with my iPad t .

The iPad is not turning on. I checked for any charge an issue, I tried restarting it by with the up down and power Button. The the iPad is not coming on

Could you tell me what's the next step what should I try doing to make it to restart

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 3:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 4:57 AM

Have you actually followed the final link included in the provided guidance?

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Please share the information that you have received from Apple Support when you contacted them.

4 replies

Feb 26, 2021 4:00 AM in response to truk90

If iPad isn’t responding, do one of the following:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If iPad still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

Apr 6, 2021 1:52 PM in response to truk90

I experienced the red battery screen of death on my iPad 6.   I live 150 miles from an Apple Store,  so could not easily get a battery test.   Took it to Best Buy.   They said ship it back to Apple and I might get an answer on the battery in a few weeks.  

This problem had been occurring sporadically over the last year.  The iPad is 3 years old and is  running iOS 14.4.2.   On previous occasions the iPad self corrected after a few minutes or hours.  I could not tell why.

However, on this last occasion the screen went dead and I got the dreaded red battery that would not go away.   I tried the recommended double button push multiple times over several days.   Nothing.   Finally, I thought maybe it was a temperature problem.   So, I cold soaked the iPad in the refrigerator at about 40 deg(F) for approximately three hours.   I pulled it out.   Still no response to the double button press routine.  I then immediately decided to heat it up after taking it out of the refrigerator.  I did this by putting a gel wrap (similar to what you would use to wrap a knee) into the microwave for a minute.  I then laid a dish towel on the kitchen counter and placed the heated gel pack on that.   I then placed the iPad on top of the gel pad and connected it to the charger.  Voila, after about 15 minutes I opened the iPad magnetic cover to find that my Home Screen magically appeared in all its glory.  

I looked at the battery history after it turned on and saw that it was fully charged when I put I in the refrigerator.  It then discharged over a period of several hours to near zero while in the refrigerator and in the sleep mode.  Then, it miraculously re-charged to 100% in a matter of minutes after I took it out of the refrigerator and placed it on the heated gel pack.  I doubt that the battery could charge that fast.  It appears there may be something wrong with the state of charge indication hardware/software.   Who knows??   Maybe Apple does, but they are not saying.

PROBLEM WITH IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.