Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update/change apple music profile

When I go to “Listen” and click profile pic in the top right corner there is no way to edit it on Apple Music app.

What is wrong?

Tried to restart my phone, did not help much.

On Macbook I cannot even click on profile pic.

Thanks.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 10:17 AM

Thank for the extra information, toxa13. One other thing to note, as mentioned at the very bottom of the previous article we linked; "Sharing music with friends isn't available in Cameroon, China mainland, Malawi, Mali, Russia, Turkey, and Uruguay."

Therefore, if you are in one of these locations, it wouldn't be possible to enable the feature and add a profile picture to your account.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2021 10:17 AM in response to toxa13

Thank for the extra information, toxa13. One other thing to note, as mentioned at the very bottom of the previous article we linked; "Sharing music with friends isn't available in Cameroon, China mainland, Malawi, Mali, Russia, Turkey, and Uruguay."

Therefore, if you are in one of these locations, it wouldn't be possible to enable the feature and add a profile picture to your account.

Mar 1, 2021 6:28 AM in response to toxa13

Hi, toxa13. Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're trying to change your profile picture within the Music application, but aren't seeing the option to do so. We'll be happy to assist.

In order to do this, you must first have the "See what friends are listening to" option enabled in Apple Music. This allows you to create a profile, and add or edit profile pictures. This article shows how to enable that feature: See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

Thanks for reaching out to us for assistance.

Cheers!

Mar 1, 2021 6:54 AM in response to barberlives123

Hi.

Thank you for your reply.

I did try instruction on this page, but as you may see on the screen there is no such option “See what friends are listening to” (so I cannot complete step 4 from “Create a profile” list).

So when I tap the upper right profile pic on “Listen now” page I see only options related to my subscription and Apple id. Nothing about friends. I’ve changed my phone language to English and made another screenshot so you could better understand.

Thanks

Cannot update/change apple music profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.