Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My samsung tv will not turn off with the apple tv remote. all settings on the tv are correct as directed above.

My Samsung TV will not turn off with the Apple TV remote. All settings on the TV are correct as directed by the article that I read.

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 6:45 PM

Only indirectly. The way that it is supposed to work, is that the Apple TV remote turns off the Apple TV box (sleep mode), and that will send a signal through HDMI to other devices in the HDMI chain (if HDMI-CEC is on). Those other devices may or may not react to that by also turning off (if HDMI-CEC is on, and that feature is supported).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2021 6:45 PM in response to mlgraz

Only indirectly. The way that it is supposed to work, is that the Apple TV remote turns off the Apple TV box (sleep mode), and that will send a signal through HDMI to other devices in the HDMI chain (if HDMI-CEC is on). Those other devices may or may not react to that by also turning off (if HDMI-CEC is on, and that feature is supported).

My samsung tv will not turn off with the apple tv remote. all settings on the tv are correct as directed above.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.