Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I block a certificate that was somehow accepted?

I keep getting a pop up notification about a certificate that I do not recognize over and over again.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 4:59 PM

That's usually associated with Wi-Fi captive portal.

If you're not on a network you need to connect to, you'll want to "forget" that Wi-Fi network, and not use it again.

If you're not trying to connect directly to a Wi-Fi network with a captive portal, are you using a VPN or similar, or are there any add-on "security" tools? (Your iPhone doesn't indicate a VPN is active, though.)

Any add-on network or content filtering tools present on the network you're connecting to such as parental controls, nanny filters, content filters, content loggers, or maybe is this a guest network?

If you are supposed to be connecting to that captive portal as part of your role within your organization and the organization's network, have a direct chat with the folks maintaining it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2021 4:59 PM in response to Ginay21

That's usually associated with Wi-Fi captive portal.

If you're not on a network you need to connect to, you'll want to "forget" that Wi-Fi network, and not use it again.

If you're not trying to connect directly to a Wi-Fi network with a captive portal, are you using a VPN or similar, or are there any add-on "security" tools? (Your iPhone doesn't indicate a VPN is active, though.)

Any add-on network or content filtering tools present on the network you're connecting to such as parental controls, nanny filters, content filters, content loggers, or maybe is this a guest network?

If you are supposed to be connecting to that captive portal as part of your role within your organization and the organization's network, have a direct chat with the folks maintaining it.

How do I block a certificate that was somehow accepted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.