Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage issue on IMAC

So weird, but all of a sudden, I am not able to send an iMessage to my daughter from my iMAC, but I am able to send it to others, including myself. In addition, it'll show up if I send it from my phone, but undeliverable if using the IMAC. Suggestions?

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 7:42 PM

5 replies

Feb 26, 2021 8:21 PM in response to FashionistaSunny

FashionistaSunny Said:

"imessage issue on IMAC: So weird, but all of a sudden, I am not able to send an iMessage to my daughter from my iMAC, but I am able to send it to others, including myself. In addition, it'll show up if I send it from my phone, but undeliverable if using the IMAC. Suggestions?"

-------

Unblock your Number:

Ask you daughter if she has you blocked from her messaging app.

1. Open: Messages App
  2. Click: Messages menu
  3. Click: Preferences
  4. Click: iMessage tab
  5. Select: [your info]
  6. Click: "–" button (bottom-left corner)

Screenshot: With Personal Info Blocked Out:

Feb 26, 2021 8:59 PM in response to FashionistaSunny

FashionistaSunny Said:

"imessage issue on IMAC: I'll ask her in the am when she gets up.: What I don't get it is it goes through on the phone, so wouldn't that be the same thing? It's only when I select to send her a message using the IMAC that it doesn't go through?"

-------

More Thoughts:

No, as your number is you number. She may be blocking you out (though not intentionally).

But, if it is not going through on your Mac, then here are three thoughts:

I. Boot Into Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: the shift key upon boot]. Keep holding it down until you reach the log in screen. Then, log in, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally. In Safe Mode, damaged system files (i.e. caches) are fixed, and replaced.

II. Try New Admin User:

On your Mac. try creating a new Administrator User, and see if you can configure it with the new user. If it then works, then it is likely something configured in your current user. Delete the user when all is fixed.

III. Reinstall the MacOS:

So, as a last resort, reinstall the macOS. You would backup your Mac, and then reinstall it. Nothing would be removed. It's just that items that have been moved or corrupted, would be placed back to where they should be or replaced, respectively. But, more on that later, if it comes to that. I look forward to hearing back from you. Keep us up to date.

Feb 26, 2021 9:18 PM in response to FashionistaSunny

FashionistaSunny Said:

"imessage issue on IMAC: Ok, I'll try the additional steps provided.: I guess I'm also confused. What is the difference in using the IMAC and my phone - they're both sending it from my #? Or is it different when signed into a MAC? Super weird, but I may not be up to par on my knowledge in this area."

-------

The iPhone/Mac Difference:

If it is going through on the iPhone, then the issue is on the Mac. You are fine on the iPhone, so it seems, if messaging works on it. So, troubleshooting the Mac seems the way to go from here.

About these Forums:

No worries on being confused. These are User-to-User support forums, and troubleshooting is what these are ultimately all about. :)

imessage issue on IMAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.