Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim not supported

How do I request for my iPhone to be unlocked by someone? I unlocked it with my code but it still isn’t letting me in

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 9:31 AM

Only the carrier it is locked to can unlock the iPhone. They normally do this for free if you meet their requirements.

Anybody else that purports to unlock phones for a fee is a scam. Those are hacks that get undone by updating or resetting the iPhone.

Beyond that, unlocking the iPhone to use other SIM cards does not let you in anywhere. so not sure what "but it still isn’t letting me in". means. You won't specifically get let in anywhere after unlocking the to use other SIM cards.

What exactly are you trying to do?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2021 9:31 AM in response to ollis177

Only the carrier it is locked to can unlock the iPhone. They normally do this for free if you meet their requirements.

Anybody else that purports to unlock phones for a fee is a scam. Those are hacks that get undone by updating or resetting the iPhone.

Beyond that, unlocking the iPhone to use other SIM cards does not let you in anywhere. so not sure what "but it still isn’t letting me in". means. You won't specifically get let in anywhere after unlocking the to use other SIM cards.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Feb 27, 2021 9:53 AM in response to Phil0124

I seem to have misspoken. Yes only the carrier the SIM card is from can remove the sim lock.

But on my carriers homepage, there is an entire article with how much it costs to unlock a device

with and without the original invoice

after 12 months, 24 months etc

so I don't think that its a scam if it costs something, at the very least its not when its done by the carrier itself. I mean, I wouldn't give my phone to a shady phone store claiming they would successfully unlock it for a fraction of the price or even for free. Anything like that smells fishy.

Sim not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.